Sunday, 31 January 2016

January Round-Up


I’ve been watching…

True Crime Documentaries

Yep - just like everyone else in the world, this month I decided to hop on the bandwagon and start watching Making a Murderer. So many thoughts. So many feels. So many ‘WHAT-THE-GIANT-FUCK?’ moments.

After Making a Murderer, I then binged on The Jinx (an absolute *must*-watch, BTW), and right now I’m watching The Staircase. It’s not as fast-paced as the other two, but I’m still super intrigued to see how it’s all going to pan out.

Pretty Little Liars

O-M-actual-F-G, IT. IS. BACK!

The big ‘A’ mystery might be out of the picture, but I’m still as hooked as ever. I’m so glad to see that this show hasn’t lost its spark.



I’ve been listening to…

Amy Winehouse – Back to Black
After re-watching Amy’s documentary this month, I’ve pretty much been listening to Back to Black non-stop. If you haven’t already seen the documentary, I'd highly recommend it. It’s very emotional and will leave you with a lot to think about, but it does such a good job of highlighting what an amazing talent Amy was, too.

Blossoms 
I was introduced to this band through the BBC's Sound of 2016 list,  and I'm absolutely loving them so far. Their track, At Most A Kiss, is an absolute tune - think Catfish and the Bottlemen meets Muse.


Serial, Season One
In line with my true crime obsession, I’ve also started listening to the first season of Serial. I’m kind of glad that I’m late to the party with this one, because it means that I can just binge on all of the episodes, rather than having to wait a week for a new one. I’m super excited to see how the case unravels, and the narrator (Sarah Koenig) is a bit of a bad-ass. Definitely worth a listen.


I’ve been reading…

This month has been an iffy one for reading. Aside from the books that I’m studying for my course, I’ve read Diary of an Oxygen Thief and This is How it Ends… and, just, ugh. I was so let down by both of them.

Thankfully, I then moved on to Gather Gold (and other stories), which is a collection of short stories written by one of my lecturers. The good news is that I genuinely loved this one (and no, I’m not saying this in exchange for a good grade!).

Currently, I'm reading The Husband’s Secret - and so far, so good. I’m looking forward to seeing what the big mystery is all about.



I’ve been loving…

ARI by Ariana Grande
The box. The bottle. The smell. Oh, Ari - you have slayed me.



I’m thankful for…
Hot water bottles & Alan Rickman
 
Thought of the month...

Until next time!

Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment